Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Irish Ferries or International Ferries ,does it Matter?

I had followed up the arguements about staffing the Irish ferries with the pros and cons of "Irish staff" versus "International staff AKA East European staff-EUS" and I don't want to express my views about it.I wanted to share an interesting experience I had during one of my trips by The Irish Ferry.It was a windy day and the ferry was "dancing" to the waves, anice lady from the travelling community in Ireland landed on my seat as she had stuff in her hand and couldn't walk so she needed help.She called a nice girl from the staff (NB EUS) and asked her to help her to carry her stuff.This nice girl kept looking at the poor lady without helping her ,so I figured out that she didn't understand the call for help and so volunteered to explain that this poor lady needs help to carry her stuff and she did.

No comments: